Bamboo is considered the best material for filtering tap water because of it’s large number of porous cavities and huge surface area compared to wood charcoal. Bamboo is also extremely sustainable, due to it’s fast growth.
Use 2 pieces for a 1l of water; 4 pieces for a 2l jug. The same piece of charcoal can be reused for up to 2 months
After 2 months of use it can be used to remove odors (from fridges and shoes) and maintain a more consistent humidity when storing your tea.
- Includes 4 pieces
- Size: 4x10cm
Before use, please clean the charcoal with a brush under running water in order to remove any charcoal dust - this is not dangerous but will affect the texture of your water. Allow the charcoal to dry thoroughly in the shade (the sun may cause the charcoal to crack).
- Wash in running water to remove powder (do not use detergent).
- Boil for 10 mins in a pan of water to sterilise & allow to cool and dry.
- Place in a jug and fill with tap water (charcoal may float when new but it will tend to sink after a week or so of use).
- Leave for 8 hours or more for best results. You can leave it in the fridge to chill if you like. It's then ready to drink.
- Re-sterilise once a week by repeating step 2.
- Replace with new charcoal after 2 months approx.