DIY Solid Body Butter Bar
Cold weather is here and cold air tightens skin pores and reduces blood circulation lowering sebum which is natural body protective layer that locks moister next to the skin. With humidity in the air lower during winter, the cumulative effect is that skin starts to dry out.
As your skin is very sensitive during this season - moisturizing it is crucial and the best way to do it is using all natural and organic moisturizers. So I invite you to make your own body lotion bar with zero packaging and trust me, your skin will thank you for it.
Here are two different recipes of 2 different butter bars: one is more hard and other one is melting instantly with skin contact. The biggest difference between them is amount of wax. You will need only 3 ingredients and you can add some essential oils if you want to.
Make sure you disinfect all needed utensils (heat resistant bowl/glass, wood spatula/spoon, silicone mold).
|Composition:||Recipe I've made:|
Just melt all the ingredients (except essential oils and vitamin E) in heat resistant bowl in water bath and once everything is melted, pore it in your mold. Once its in the mold place it in the fridge for an hour and after that it is ready for removing from mold. If you are using 2 recipe with little amount of wax I suggest to keep your bars in the fridge until is ready for use or add 30g of arrow root.
- This recipe allows you to change consistency of bars easy. If its too soft put some more wax in it, if it's too hard put more oils in it.
- To make it more hard you can always add some arrow root powder or corn starch.
- You can always melt it back if you do not like consistency but be careful if you already put essentials oils in the mix and I recommend doing your first batch without them like this it gives you chance to fins consistency you like.
- If you decide to use mango butter and not such hard butters as cocoa butter or shea butter, I suggest to increase wax amount.
- I put less amount of wax during winter but increase it during summer.
- Soap bars are good to use for 12 months after making.
Et voilà! You are ready for winter!
Just to add:
- Boiling water will be your best friend for utensils cleaning.
- Remove the largest residue glued to your utensils with a cloth.
- Pass the utensils (and the dish towel) In the boiling water (the melting point of the beeswax is 62 degrees Celsius, so you want warmer water to clean it it)
- Once the wax and grease have been removed, wash all of it normally with dish soap.
Till next time loves <3